RFD offers comprehensive Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling services from initial evaluation through optimization of practical solutions to final assessment of proposed modifications in a timely and cost-effective manner. Our seasoned team also has extensive experience in physical modeling setup and testing of existing operating equipment and new R&D designs.
Detailed CFD Models
Detailed CFD Models
Utilizing the most updated CFD simulation software, RFD models incorporate all geometric details, physical processes and chemical reactions required to replicate the effect of operating conditions on the equipment performance and efficiency. RFD develops CFD models to typically simulate:
- Compressible and incompressible flows for Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids
- Heat Transfer by Conduction, convection and radiation
- Multiphase flows including atomization, dispersion, vaporization, boiling, separation, precipitation and erosion
- Chemical reactions, combustion, pollutant formation and treatment
The main goal of RFD is to develop client-tailored economic and practical engineering solution satisfying performance and regulatory criteria within the time and budgetary constraints of our client. Incorporating CFD modeling capabilities of RFD achieve this goal by:
- Providing in-depth analysis and measured characteristics of fluid flow, pressure losses, combustion efficiency, thermal and species distribution throughout the simulated system
- Identifying possible causes and solutions for system malfunction based on the detailed CFD analysis
- Performing comparative analysis study through virtual testing of proposed design iterations
Our team has developed and executed CFD models for the power generation, mining, automotive, environment, material processing and HVAC industries. We aim at optimizing the design of wide range of energy conversion, pollution control and thermal management equipment. CFD models developed by us have been extensively validated through comparisons with physical model testing and in-field measurements. Successful operation of already installed systems optimized by us attests to the validity and quality of RFD’s modeling capabilities.